[ISLMA-Share] Assistants hired as teachers

Fri Feb 10 13:35:35 CST 2017

Hi,

I read it last year, and while it is hard at first, her life circumstances were very difficult, her journey is one of hope. What grade are your students?

Inma Galan
DGS Librarian
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 12:28 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Assistants hired as teachers

War that Saved My Life I heard was very depressing and worried heavy for students. Thoughts??

On Feb 10, 2017 11:35 AM, "Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association" <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
Unfortunately, I have seen it happen several times.  Sometimes, I think it is budget, if they can pay a great teacher assistant pay, why pay them more? Other times, I think it might have been, hire a younger teacher with less experience (degrees) so the district can pay lower on the pay scale. Last, but not least, perhaps they only see her as an assistant and applying in a nearby district would help with interviewing process and having other districts call to check on her work ethic will open the eyes of your district.

Peace,
Coni Stracner Teacher Librarian @SMS
​
​
I am reading:
​The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
I just finished reading:
​
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I am listening to:
​​ All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
Ask me about these books!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_dy8wzZuE&authuser=0