[ISLMA-Share] QR codes in the library

Fri Feb 10 15:09:32 CST 2017

I am unfamiliar with Screencastify.  Do you use the free version?  How do
your students create the videos?  Could you share some of your QR codes, so
I can get an idea of them.  I would love to have my students make videos of
the new Caudills and Monarchs this spring. We are a Google school, so this
sounds like a great option.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I would love to but cell phones usage is not allowed in my school.  If it
> were different I would definitely post them in my LMC.  Bookmarks are a
> good idea.
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> A teacher and I were discussing having students create book reviews using
>> Screencastify, then posting a QR codes to the videos for others to see. We
>> thought about posting the codes as a display in the library or about
>> putting each one on a bookmark in the corresponding book, etc. Does anyone
>> use QR codes on books? Any other ideas out there?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> *Carrie DeForest*
>> *National Board Certified Teacher*
>> Roselle District 12 Library Media Director
>> Spring Hills Elementary School
>> Roselle Middle School

> *Jill*
> *Lover of reading, technology and the arts*
>

> *[image: Jill Johnson's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs,
> book trivia, book lists (read shelf)]
> <https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/6102255?shelf=read> *

*Stephanie Flott*

Dwight Township High School            Dwight Grade School
801 S. Franklin St.                             801 S. Columbia St.
Dwight, IL 60420                               Dwight, IL 60420
815-584-6293                                    815-584-6239