[ISLMA-Share] rules for teachers

Tue Feb 14 14:56:52 CST 2017

I have an interesting issue.  I have teachers who like to overstep the
boundaries in the LMC.  Some feel it is ok for them to not only come behind
the circulation desk but take a seat in front of the check out PC, blocking
the ability to assist students.  A few even wander into our back office.
Another feels the need to pull massive amounts of books off the shelves
while I conduct book passes with books I already pulled for her class,
leaving mountains of books to be reshelved.  Another often decides to
overstay part way into a second period because she fails to arrive in the
LMC on time.  I have posted signs that state the space behind the circ desk
is for library staff only and yet it seems to only work with students.

Do you have a set of rules for teachers?  How do you go about sharing them
and still preserve an amicable relationship?  I would never walk into a
teacher's classroom and do half the stuff some of them do in my class space.

Thanks.