[ISLMA-Share] One Book, One School programs?

Wed Feb 15 10:33:44 CST 2017

Ours is not One School, One Book, but ours is a community-wide read sponsored by our middle school.  We are in our 8th year.

One of the main things I would suggest it to put together a student reading committee well ahead of when you want to do it.  Having our students select the book gives them much more ownership of the program.  We usually start with the books on the Caudill list, Illinois Reads, Newbery honors, etc. as a starting place.  Also make sure that the books you want to consider will be available in paperback by the time you promote the program to save on cost.

Feel free to contact me for more information or check out our On the Same Page website:  https://gcsdblogs.org/onthesamepage/ <https://gcsdblogs.org/onthesamepage/>

Jeanne Brucher
Teacher-Librarian
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org <mailto:jbrucher at geneseoschools.org>