[ISLMA-Share] Organize library by Lexile

Fri Feb 17 08:55:42 CST 2017

As others have replied, we also keep the lexile on the inside of the book.
That way if a student or teacher needs to check the lexile they can.  The
lexile is also listed in the catalog, which allows searching by lexile
range.  That way free reading and lexiled reading can both take place
without one discouraging the other.  No one needs to be embarrassed when
they pick up a book.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I have been asked to organize a elementary library by Lexile.   Can you
> help me arguments pro and con?

*Karen Varga*
*Librarian,** Marian Central Catholic H. S.*