[ISLMA-Share] lost books

Wed Feb 22 08:45:49 CST 2017

I have this problem all the time!  These are places where I routinely look:

   - Displays (my volunteers sometimes put books on display far from where
   they are shelved)
   - Behind other books (especially in the most popular areas, i.e.,
   graphic novels or where a class has recently been using the collection)
   - Tucked in all the nooks and crannies between the end of the books and
   the shelves
   - In the corners of my library room

That being said, sometimes I find them...a lot of times not.  It's very
frustrating.  There are times when my books show up in the hallways or in
lost and found.  I've even found one from my collection in our own Little
Free Library!

I sometimes put my volunteers on a shelf check to find the things that are
wildly out of order and that turns up a few.  But overall I think it's just
one of the costs of doing business.

Good luck on your book search!

Happily Ever After,

*Karrie Fisher*
Library Director &
Photography Teacher

*"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."  -- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education*

*Baker Demonstration School*
201 Sheridan Road | Wilmette, Illinois 60091
t: 847-425-5800 | f: 847-425-5801

*Love to Learn, Cherish the Journey, Serve the World**
<http://bakerdemschool.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baker-Demonstration-School/92910953966>
<https://twitter.com/BakerDem>* <https://instagram.com/bakerdem/>

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library