[ISLMA-Share] lost books

Wed Feb 22 09:14:00 CST 2017

I have this problem often, too, and you're right - it is embarrassing!
Karrie's suggestions are excellent (especially about checking in the
displays). One other idea that's helped me - I can do this in Atriuum -
look up the item you're searching for, and check its history. Find when it
was scanned during inventory, and then look up the history of the worker
doing inventory for that date and time. Sometimes I'll find the item within
a completely different section, and I can look up the books it was among
and find it hiding there. Doesn't always work, but it's done the trick more
than once!
Good luck!

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Even though I do an inventory at the end of the year and mark all missing
> books as lost, I still cannot find books.
>
> Just now, a teacher came in looking for a popular book and it was not
> there.  I am embarrassed.  I cannot explain it except that perhaps kids
> take them out without checking them out.
>
> Do any of you have this problem regularly and if so, have any suggestions
> for keeping better track?
>
> Thank you!
> Sue Meegan
> District 157