[ISLMA-Share] motivate readers

Thu Feb 23 08:45:56 CST 2017

We are debating getting rid of Accelerated Reader for grades 6-8.  Would
anyone like to share what happens in your library at the jr. high level?

How can we motivate kids to read and hold them accountable without using AR
as our source?

We don´t want another computer program; we want them to want to read.  We
want to promote a love of reading.  It seems that the love tends to
deteriorate when they get into junior high.

Does anyone have the magic cure?  ...or just some examples of things you do
for jr. high students to excite them about reading...

Shannon Swaney
Librarian
Williamsville CUSD #15

   - Williamsville, Il 63693