[ISLMA-Share] Fighting for flexible scheduling

Thu Feb 23 10:17:26 CST 2017

Taryn,

I would quit fighting for flexible scheduling and work within the fixed.
Flexible scheduling creates questions of the librarian's role and sometimes
will make it seem optional which is definetly what we don't want.   Be
happy that you see kids consistently and develop a strong library
curriculum.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I am on my 8th year of pushing for flexible scheduling in my elementary
> library.  I am really trying to step up my arguments.  It's a long shot,
> but does anyone have a great infographic they could share that presents
> reasons for flexible scheduling over fixed?
>
> Taryn Hettlinger Parise
> Library Learning Center Director
> Longfellow School
> http://longfellowlib.weebly.com
>
> *Now on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
> (@longfellow_library)*
>
> Currently reading: Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
>

> This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
> information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
> any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
> immediately delete this message and any attachments.

Deanne Guccione, Librarian
Pleasant Plains Middle School
dguccione at ppcusd8.org

"Winning is not always about shining the brightest.  Sometimes it's about
sharing the light with someone who has been waiting in th shadows all
along." Quote from the book* Save Me A Seat* by Saraha Weeks & Gita
Varadarajan
Currently Reading:  Hopeless
[image: 27240552]

Just finished:  Save Me A Seat