[ISLMA-Share] Fighting for flexible scheduling

Thu Feb 23 11:04:25 CST 2017

What about a hybrid?

I am a single librarian (and testing coordinator) in a k-8 building.  I have a fixed schedule with each of the 18 classrooms,  and then  I have 4 periods a week (2 on Tuesday and 2 on Thursday) that are flexible.  I have time to do all my library tasks, my testing coordinating tasks, and schedule additional time with classes that are working on projects.

Maybe you can suggest a few flexible periods a week at first.  Then build in more flexibility as the needs arise.

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:59 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Fighting for flexible scheduling

I am on my 8th year of pushing for flexible scheduling in my elementary library.  I am really trying to step up my arguments.  It's a long shot, but does anyone have a great infographic they could share that presents reasons for flexible scheduling over fixed?

Taryn Hettlinger Parise
Library Learning Center Director
Longfellow School
http://longfellowlib.weebly.com

Now on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram (@longfellow_library)

Currently reading: Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete this message and any attachments.