[ISLMA-Share] stinky books

Thu Feb 23 11:27:16 CST 2017

I would hesitate to put a computer in a bag/box with baking soda...don't
want to cause any corrosion issues.  Try wiping down external parts
(including the screen) with a mixture of 50% white vinegar and 50% water.
Then get a can of compressed air (best buy or any computer store) and do
what you can for the keyboard and any ports.  If you are allowed to open
the Chromebook, you could use the compressed air gently on the internals as
well.  Just make sure you are allowed to open it (we can't...we'll void the
warranty)!  Basically, just let it sit in a well-ventilated place until the
stick wears off.  Of course, it the Chromebook returns to the smelly
environment on a regular basis, you're stuck!

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4