[ISLMA-Share] Evalu-wise

Thu Feb 23 14:28:35 CST 2017

Hi Kathy,

Our district uses EvaluWise, and I really like it. You can upload and pair
documents to the Danielsen domains which is super helpful. The
administrator is then able to see all your artifacts paired up, and you can
pair a document with multiple domains if applicable.

I can't really think of any cons with the program itself, though it could
be a con if administration expected you to upload all evidence there
instead of being able to also show them things in your room/library space.

Administrators can write a transcript of their observation which is also
neat. They can then go through and pair parts of the transcript with the
domain of the evaluation. I have enjoyed using it and felt as though it
helped me organize my evaluation materials. Since so many of my artifacts
were electronic anyway, I felt like it wasn't extra work. As I created a
document, I would upload it.

As for having to email an administrator, that is a setting that they can
change on their end so that it will alert them.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Con-  I find it formatted strangely and never understand what it is asking
> for.  It also never alerts the administrator when I have filled something
> out.  Therefore I always have to send a separate email to my principal to
> let her know that I have accomplished a step.  It asks you to show
> evidence, but you have to make your charts etc. pdfs before you can insert
> them.  It just always seems like so many steps to accomplish one goal.
>

> Pro-???

Michele McDaniel
Librarian
Carl Sandburg Elementary School