[ISLMA-Share] Evalu-wise

Thu Feb 23 15:03:00 CST 2017

Our district has been using Evaluwise for at least three years now, and I would say that our overall experience is favorable.  I find it’s a little difficult to separate teachers’ frustrations with the program itself from their frustration that they must provide evidence in the new evaluation models.  A few wish they could just return to the days of one formal lesson every two years without a continuum of evidence or reflection.

We have made suggestions for the program, and EvaluWise has been very good about adjusting to our needs.  The main problems we find are on the user end.  Either the admin hasn’t clicked something in their module or the non-tech savvy teachers struggle with uploading files in the correct formats.  This has vastly improved in the last year since EvaluWise added a wider variety of formats that can be uploaded.  Most of us are in our second cycle with EvaluWise, and we are not uploading as many artifacts this time.  Since our admins’ walk-through app can link directly to the drop-in observation, we can just look through for components that might still be lacking evidence and then upload artifacts for just those (primarily Domains 1 and 4).

Jeanne Brucher
Teacher-Librarian
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org <mailto:jbrucher at geneseoschools.org>
Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524