[ISLMA-Share] stinky books

Fri Feb 24 01:24:58 CST 2017

I had great success with kitty litter. I had a sealable box (a bag would work too) that I put the book in. Usually, within two days or so the job was done.
Renew litter as needed.
I also used pine pellets (horse bedding) at times. Can you tell I was a rural gal?
Baking soda worked sometimes too but I never lost a book to a smoke smell using kitty litter. A container at Aldi is $3.99. Farm and Fleet has a little larger bag for $6. No need to spend big bucks buying the fancy stuff. The key is sealing it in. (same principal as a wet cell phone in rice)
Good luck.

Carolyn Roys ~ retired teacher/librarian and plays with Anderson's Bookshop