[ISLMA-Share] Smart Watches and AUP/Privacy

Wed Jan 4 13:05:07 CST 2017

Hi! My principal came to me with a parent concern about Apple watches--mostly about the ability to take photos in a locker room setting. I don't have one myself but did a little research and it seems that the watch doesn't have a camera, but you can buy a band that adds photo capabilities.

Just wondering if any schools out there have addressed this in their acceptable use policies or school handbooks.

Thanks in advance!

Carrie DeForest
National Board Certified Teacher
Roselle District 12 Library Media Director
Spring Hills Elementary School
Roselle Middle School