[ISLMA-Share] Alexandria vs Destiny

Fri Jan 6 09:42:14 CST 2017

I've used both. I've found that Alexandria was a bit more intuitive. It
also offers great records to download (LOC) when cataloging. If cataloging
is not your strong point then I would go with Destiny. It corrects your
errors for you.

Screen layout for Alexandria is easier to read than Destiny. As I remember
it was also easier to navigate between modules with Alexandria.

Destiny recently upgraded. It looks like they are promoting the ability to
pull all district resource into the OPAC and Chrome compatibility.

Alexandria is generally less expensive than Destiny, too.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> If there is anyone out there who has experience with both Alexandria and
> Destiny, can you give me a bit of comparison? Our administration would like
> to catalog all of the instructional materials that are housed in the
> central administration office. I contend that Alexandria can handle it.
> They are investigating Destiny.
>

> Thoughts?
>

> Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
>
> Glenview Middle School
>
> East Moline School District #37
>
> 3100 7th St.
>
> East Moline, IL 61244
>
> Phone: 309-755-1919 ext. 233
>
> Fax: 309-752-2567

Barbra Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

This electronic message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.