[ISLMA-Share] Going 1:1 -- Mistakes & Successes

Fri Jan 6 11:09:38 CST 2017

Dear Library Friends:

If it would be possible, could you share your top 3 things you wish you (or
your district) would have done differently or would absolutely recommend
with 1:1 Chromebooks in a high school setting?

My new principal has decided that our high school students would be best
served by learning in a 1:1 environment. We will soon be ordering
Chromebooks (without touchscreens) with Hapara security. I have been
gathering information about policies, attending conferences, and reading
your 1:1 email exchanges on ISLMAnet for several years. Because our
district has no money for additional staff, I will most likely be the one
in charge of distribution and maintenance of about 500 Chromebooks.

Any advice appreciated --  Thanks so much!   ~Janet

--
Janet Jenkins
Robinson High School Librarian
jjenkins at robinsonschools.com