[ISLMA-Share] Parent-Teacher conferences

Wed Jan 11 13:38:57 CST 2017

This is my first year, but we had a parent raffle located in the library along with cookies/lemonade, and had ipads set out with the parent feedback survey on them. I also had a slide show going with photos of activities and ads for upcoming events. We had several tables set out with flyers and handouts on book lists, ideas to do with kids in curricular areas, bookmarks, and the newsletter of upcoming events from the local public library. We had a lot of parents come in and the best response ever for the parent survey.

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:50 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Parent-Teacher conferences

Hi! I'm lucky to be a part of a group tasked with evaluating how our high school runs parent teacher conferences. I'd like to do what I can to ensure the library & librarians are positioned to show parents the value & services we and our space bring to students and teachers. I have some ideas, but would like to hear what the group at large thinks & does.

1. What do you as librarian do for parent-teacher conferences?

2. What would be your ideal?

Thanks for your input!

--

Stephanie Beck DeVincentis