[ISLMA-Share] Credible Sources Lesson for Junior High?

Wed Jan 11 13:40:26 CST 2017

In light of "fake news," I have decided to revamp some of what I am doing
with information literacy and source credibility, especially since the
generators of fake news and other unreliable sources are getting more
savvy.

If you subscribe to Scholastic's *New York Times Upfront* or *Junior
Scholastic*, there are some interesting bits of information about fake
news/ source credibility/ information literacy in the latest issue of those
publications.

Also *SLJ* published these articles, which I found to be helpful as well:
http://www.slj.com/2016/11/industry-news/teaching-media-literacy-now/
http://blogs.slj.com/neverendingsearch/2016/11/26/truth-truthiness-triangulation-and-the-librarian-way-a-news-literacy-toolkit-for-a-post-truth-world/

*Kristen Oster*
*Wesclin CUSD #3*