[ISLMA-Share] breakout edu

Thu Jan 12 12:18:09 CST 2017

I did one the week before break with my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. I have
only one box. I used the game for *Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library*
created by Amy Williams from the breakout.edu website. Of my 11 classes,
three did not "break out." They were not working together. All classes took
almost the entire class time to finish. I kept the classes from telling
each other clues by offering a prize to the class that broke out the
quickest. I gave that class some paperback copies of *Escape from Mr.
Lemoncello's Library* for their classroom library. It's hard not to give
the kids clues! I think that's the hardest part - giving just barely enough
help to get them over a hump without giving too much away.

Our first week back, the kids are all asking when we're going to do it
again!

Pam

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I did them with sophomores for library orientation in the fall.  I've also
> done some sessions with Math classes for unit reviews. I don't have video
> or any new lessons planned yet, but will keep you posted (especially since
> Downers North is so close to you).
>
> At the NICE MiniCon <http://www.niceminicon.org/> at the end of the month
> there are two sessions on Breakout EDU.
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Hello all!
>> Just wondering if anyone is doing breakout edu boxes either in classrooms
>> or their library?  I would love to come to your school and watch a session
>> or two.
>> Thank you,
>> Kathy Swanson
>>
>> --