[ISLMA-Share] Shy Person's Guide to Lobbying

Mon Jan 16 13:48:29 CST 2017

Dear Friends of School Libraries--

With a new Congress and a soon-to-be inaugurated President, along with a
new Illnois General Assembly just sworn in, it is time for us to be
involved in the poitical process. Some are not comfortable with lobbying at
a time of very partisan politics.

Doug Johnson of Minnesota has a guide for lobbying that may be helpful to
everyone as we gear up for meet ups with our legislators federal and state.

http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/blue-skunk-blog/2017/1/8/the-shy-persons-guide-to-lobbying-yes-its-that-time-again.html

Legislative Meet-ups are a great way to meet legislators with other
librarians. The Illinois Library Association has these scheduled for
February and March, 2017.

More information and registration for the Meet-ups can be found here--

https://www.ila.org/events/legislative-meet-ups

Lou Ann Jacobs
Legislation Chair
ISLMA