[ISLMA-Share] Labeling book series

Tue Jan 17 11:51:22 CST 2017

I used a binder for years, but couldn't keep up with all the series or all
the updates. Then, I tried having the list of books, in order, inside the
front cover of the books, but still couldn't keep up! I refer students
daily to http://www.mymcpl.org/books-movies-music/juvenile-series. When I
find an update that they don't have (doesn't happen often) I send them an
email thanking them for their great database and suggest the update.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I have made binders listing authors' series. Students know they may look
> in the binders to find the next book they need to read or if I don't have
> it on the shelf, they tell me which I need to request for them. Books are
> also marked on the spine label. When I barcode items, I list the series and
> number under the author's first 3 initials when I make the label to apply
> to the spine.
>
> --
> Lura Weatherford
> Librarian assistant