[ISLMA-Share] Repairing books

Thu Jan 19 12:59:16 CST 2017

Hello.

Lately, many students have brought their textbooks to me for repair. The
most common problem is that the spine has separated from the outside cover.
I usually glue the spine back to the cover and then tape the insides with
book tape. I put some rubberbands around the book for the glue to dry.

I have no idea if this is the best strategy for repairing large books. Does
anybody have any better suggestions? Also, is there a special glue you use
on the spine? I am currently just using Elmer's.

Thanks for any feedback!

-Amy Edrington
Central A&M