[ISLMA-Share] health/diseases research

Tue Jan 24 08:05:09 CST 2017

I think that KidsHealth is a great resource. When I have students use our
Destiny catalog to locate websites, often KidsHealth is among the results.
I have never come across something that looked questionable on it. We also
often use the Mayo Clinic site, but that may be a little over sixth
graders' heads. I think KidsHealth is a good reading level for 6th.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi!
> I am working on a research project with 6th grade students in health
> class. We will be using our Gale databases and I will show them the CDC
> website as well. Does anyone have experience with Kidshealth.org? I'm not
> sure that it is an accurate/non-biased website. Any help with that site or
> other recommendations for online resources would be much appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Rikki Steinmetz
> Pleasantdale School District
> Burr Ridge, IL
> rikkir77 at gmail.com

Mrs. Mary Clare O'Grady
Library Learning Center Director
Monroe Middle School
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,