[ISLMA-Share] Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Wed Jan 25 09:56:17 CST 2017

The screenplay is the story of the movie which is different from the original book by Rowling. The book is essentially a text that Harry and friends use at Hogwarts and is mostly about the beasts and magical creatures found in the Harry Potter universe. The movie screenplay is the story of the book's "author" Newt Scamander in New York. They have different content which I would think would make it hard to interchange one for the other or to use the same assessment.

Hope this helps!
Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School
Normal, IL

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:47:31 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

I am wondering if any of you have read the books Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay and the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling.   I was just wondering how much different the two books were as far as content is concerned.   I have students who read The Original Screenplay version and tried to take an Accelerated Quiz on it and did not pass.   The classroom teacher is questioning this and I just wanted to ask in case someone has read either or both.   Before I comment back, I am just curious....

Thanks in advance for your time.

Pat Sment
John F. Kennedy School
Spring Valley, IL   61326