[ISLMA-Share] dewey for mammals

Wed Jan 25 11:31:12 CST 2017

I agree with being concerned about students not being able to find books,
but I have noticed our public library is doing more with organizing books
differently.  I understand with fiction books grouping them by series, but
I too have trouble messing with the Dewey classifications.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Ladies,
>
> I keep reading how you are "changing" the shelf call #s, and I wonder how
> this will affect students if they go to other libraries?  As a middle
> school LMC Director, I'm wondering if this will cause students to be
> unable to search for books in different libraries?
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Have a great day,
> Michelle
>
> Michelle Fiorini
> Library Media Center Director
> Benjamin Middle School
> LMC HomePage: http://bms-bsd25-il.schoolloop.com/lmc
>
> "A book, too, can be a star, 'explosive material, capable of stirring up
> fresh life endlessly,' a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out
> into the expanding universe."
> ― Madeleine L’Engle, from her Newbery Award acceptance speech for A
> Wrinkle in Time (1963)
>

> * From: * Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <
> islma at list.railslibraries.info>

Please contact us if you would like this communication translated into your
native language.

Por favor, póngase en contacto con nosotros si desea que esta comunicación
traducido a su idioma nativo.

Prosimy o kontakt z nami jeśli Państwo potrzebują aby ta wiadomość została
przetłumaczona na język Polski.