[ISLMA-Share] dewey for mammals

Wed Jan 25 20:44:12 CST 2017

Thanks so much for everyone's input. I believe in organizing my library to encourage students to read as well. I have been slowly reorganizing certain areas of the library so they are more student-centered.

But the main problem I am having is that when I order books, they come in with labels that just done make any sense sometimes. Randomly a zebra book will come numbered the same as a horse book and so on. This is just making books impossible to find for my students and parent helpers.

I am keeping the beginning of Dewey and working with the numbers after the decimal as well as the letters. Specifically the letters, like other librarians in the thread have mentioned are super helpful when organizing and finding similar books!

I am working on planets next then I'll tackle sports. I love the recommendations.

Sincerely,
Rikki Steinmetz
Pleasantdale School District
Burr Ridge