[ISLMA-Share] English Text Ideas for 9th Grade

Thu Jan 26 14:21:31 CST 2017

Our Freshman English classes read memoirs.  Most have the choice from the following:
Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Agsedom
The Color of Water by James McBride
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robinson
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan
The Flags of Our Fathers by James D. Bradley

Then they research one of the social issues presented in the book they read.

Cathy Gottlieb
LRC Director
NCHS Webmaster
Naperville Central High School
630-420-6549
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D277DF.79496070]

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:50 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] English Text Ideas for 9th Grade

Hello, everyone,

Our English Dept. wants classroom book recommendations for 9th grade.

Requests: relatively contemporary, allusion/metaphor/depth, diversity, and the other hallmarks of a text worth digging into in class.

Any ideas we might consider?

Thank you!
Kate Rogers

Downers Grove South High School
Downers Grove, IL

This electronic message (and any associated file attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail.