[ISLMA-Share] March Trilogoy by John Lewis

Tue Jan 31 09:08:56 CST 2017

Unfortunately, history is not G-rated (and more often not even PG-13). I have the first 2 in my middle school’s library. I won’t promote the series to 6th graders, but have recommended it to individual 7th and 8th graders. I read the third one and am still debating if it stays or goes to our high school. With that being said, all 3 are excellent. The violence is too much for elementary school.

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:01 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] March Trilogoy by John Lewis

Hi,

I've heard so many great things about this trilogy but haven't read it yet.  Is it appropriate for a K-5 library?  Any K-5 librarians have it?

Thanks!

Denese Anderson

LMC Director

Currently reading: The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/6J6bzsX9Y9Oz4-X9BUBq-qW6NITX44JUnz8j51OQ3mKDSY_N0SQnVv9HWy8aRMvHBfejHNHfM2Ocqb0tbDpUevO1OEMl3Hp4IqWq94pdCozdrd-_QrRTYgwKZhmJczVTvxOzMAQ]

West Elementary School

100 Briarwood Rd.

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

815.788.5550 (Main office)

815.788.5565 (voicemail only)

Library website: http://www.d47.org/Page/2200

School website: www.d47.org/wes<http://www.d47.org/wes>

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/SfcJsJsfXXj3_2sDeSWfgyM_isFBc0_hd1rlZysjThKzNqelEu_-1E6oww9Hx-0PFwRyhTEoH-eBDXlmvZSc31jr0nAGxAVE7zaD_ci1i4aKCNRsycQ6j_j_kBbZGlY6zndLqMw]<https://twitter.com/D47West>Follow @D47West on Twitter

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/UQMzeA9Pc65Jbf1sTlq76JI_6xZNgld0uxO5TKu5eRRtMAeMg5s4Tr_eoQjg7cGXNYx2EbLyuzEgbsdpWeyn_8p-L8G3YKvTzm1tZdW8vq5ZaPeVz2pzlQbz5PNYxoxbu-KWDsk]<http://www.twitter.com/crystallakesd47> [https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/s8CogwHu9bh43g3DSFu5c8HqXp_JwlXzKYv39WkdsZWq0KHBH-mD5YZ-1oqlZDF2ea6Fdu9ts5qp86xJvi0T_i-0GjUXQp9B38XjQvkUnF3Ao1gAn1Fq-Zj5rGWL5cilrHv99fw] <https://www.facebook.com/D47schools>  Follow D47 on Twitter and Facebook

________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail message or any attachment may be confidential and/or privileged, and is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message
in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Valley View Public
School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has
been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.