[ISLMA-Share] hours and availability of Librarian

Wed Jun 7 09:23:26 CDT 2017

Hello,

I am in negotiations for my next job as a high school Librarian (with a
private school that does not have a union).

My boss has "lobbed" me the hours for the Librarian to be 8-4:45. This is
honestly not acceptable to me- (That's 1 hour and 45 minutes longer than I
currently work). Can you help me come up with verbiage as to why these
hours are not the best hours for the School Librarian to work?

The library opens at 7:15. I'd like to be there for students.

In my 5 years' experience, I have found most teachers come in early, rather
than stay late, to work/plan. I'd like to be available for formal and
informal meetings. I am new at the school and think the morning hours in
the staff lounge to be a great way to meet people and build relationships.

And, honestly, I am efficient and can reliably complete my work in a
7.5-8.0 hour work day.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Lori