[ISLMA-Share] hours and availability of Librarian

Wed Jun 7 11:31:31 CDT 2017

Lori,
Can you email me off-list? I'm also in an independent school with similar
hours and am happy to share my experience with you.

Best,
Annette (annettelesak at gmail.com)

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello,
>
> I am in negotiations for my next job as a high school Librarian (with a
> private school that does not have a union).
>
> My boss has "lobbed" me the hours for the Librarian to be 8-4:45. This is
> honestly not acceptable to me- (That's 1 hour and 45 minutes longer than I
> currently work). Can you help me come up with verbiage as to why these
> hours are not the best hours for the School Librarian to work?
>
> The library opens at 7:15. I'd like to be there for students.
>
> In my 5 years' experience, I have found most teachers come in early,
> rather than stay late, to work/plan. I'd like to be available for formal
> and informal meetings. I am new at the school and think the morning hours
> in the staff lounge to be a great way to meet people and build
> relationships.
>
> And, honestly, I am efficient and can reliably complete my work in a
> 7.5-8.0 hour work day.
>

> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>

> Lori

Annette J. Lesak