[ISLMA-Share] Fwd: Thank you!

Wed Jun 14 21:47:54 CDT 2017

I received this message from a Monarch-nominated author, Nancy Granberry.
Thought I would share it with the membership.

Becky Robinson
ISLMA Executive Secretary

From: Nancy Granberry <nancychurnin at me.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:10 PM
Subject: Thank you!
To: execsecretary at islma.org

This is Nancy Churnin, author of The William Hoy Story.

I want to thank you and the Monarch Awards Master List committee for
choosing William Hoy for the 2018 Monarch Awards Master List. I am so
honored!

I want to let you know that I will be at the ALA Convention in Chicago June
23-25. I will be signing my new book, Manjhi Moves a Mountain June 24 at 2
at the Creston Books booth and The William Hoy Story June 24 at 3:30 at the
Albert Whitman booth. I would love to meet as many librarians from Illinois
as possible. I am hoping to plan a trip to Illinois in the fall so that I
can meet as many kids as possible and share the book with them.

I would also like you to know that Manjhi Moves a Mountain was selected for
the fall Junior Library Guild list. I hope you won’t mind if I attach
Teachers Guides for both books.

Thank you again for this wonderful opportunity.

All best,
Nancy

Nancy Churnin
Theater Critic
The Dallas Morning News
dallasnews.com/theater
214-977-2942 <(214)%20977-2942> (office)
214-577-0016 <(214)%20577-0016> (cell)
On Facebook: D-FW Theater
On Twitter: @nchurnin
On Instagram: DFWTheater
Author: The William Hoy Story, How a Deaf Baseball Player Changed the Game
(March 2016); Manjhi Moves a Mountain (Sept. 2017); Charlie Takes His Shot,
How Charlie Sifford Broke the Color Barrier in Golf (Jan. 2018); Irving
Berlin, The Immigrant Boy Who Made America Sing (Spring 2018); The Princess
and the First Christmas Tree (Nov. 2018)
nancychurnin.com

https://www.crestonbooks.co/manjhi
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/68b71d_515070a02f9b496e9281ed433fce05f1.pdf