[ISLMA-Share] New Librarian Position

Mon Jun 19 14:36:23 CDT 2017

Hello Everyone!

I just received word that I have been selected to fill my school's library
opening for this coming school year!  I am still in the process of
receiving my certification and am taking classes through ISU.

I am very excited for this change, but I am also very nervous!  My school
is grades 4th-6th, and I have been teaching 5th grade for 12 years.  I am
not sure exactly where to start now that I have been moved into the
library.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to best open a
library and get it ready for the school year?  Also, any other tips or
advice about being the librarian would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance for your help!!  If you would prefer to email me off
list, my email is cdelby at sd162.org.

Enjoy your summer!

Thank you!

Carolyn Delby