[ISLMA-Share] Suggestions Please

Tue Jun 20 12:37:33 CDT 2017

*Eye of Minds* by James Dashner (sci-fi)
*SYLO *by D.J. MacHale (sci-fi more than dystopian)
*Unwind* by Neal Shusterman (2007 but the best example of the dystopian
genre)
*Legend* by Marie Lu (both genders as protagonists)
*Red Rising* by Pierce Brown (dystopian set on Mars)
*Epitaph Road* by David Patneaude
*Stone Rider* by David Hofmeyr
*Across the Universe* by Beth Revis (both genders as protagonists)

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Here are a few from the former Abe list
>
>    - Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
>    - Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
>    - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
>    - Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
>    - The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
>    - The Maze Runner by James Dashner
>    - World War Z by Max Brooks
>

> and a few others...
>
>    - Ashfall by Mike Mullin
>    - The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
>

> Mariela Siegert
> School Librarian
> Westfield Middle School
> marris116 at gmail.com
> @marris116
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> I have a teacher looking for recommendations for YA dystopian novels with
>> male protagonists.  Could anyone recommend books that fit these
>> qualifications?
>>
>> Could you recommend some (I need 10 total) texts that meet the following
>> criteria?
>> 1. They fall under the category of YA literature.
>> 2. They fall under the genre of dystopia (or even science fiction if we
>> have to make a stretch).
>> 3. They feature adolescent male protagonists.
>> 4. They were published between 2010-2016.
>>

>> Thanks for your help,
>> Stephanie
>>
>> --
>> *Stephanie Flott*
>>
>> Dwight Township High School            Dwight Grade School
>> 801 S. Franklin St.                             801 S. Columbia St.
>> Dwight, IL 60420                               Dwight, IL 60420
>> 815-584-6293 <(815)%20584-6293>
>> 815-584-6239 <(815)%20584-6239>

Jeanne Brucher
Teacher-Librarian