[ISLMA-Share] Suggestions Please

Tue Jun 20 15:00:53 CDT 2017

Proxy by Alex London

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> *Eye of Minds* by James Dashner (sci-fi)
> *SYLO *by D.J. MacHale (sci-fi more than dystopian)
> *Unwind* by Neal Shusterman (2007 but the best example of the dystopian
> genre)
> *Legend* by Marie Lu (both genders as protagonists)
> *Red Rising* by Pierce Brown (dystopian set on Mars)
> *Epitaph Road* by David Patneaude
> *Stone Rider* by David Hofmeyr
> *Across the Universe* by Beth Revis (both genders as protagonists)
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Here are a few from the former Abe list
>>
>>    - Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
>>    - Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
>>    - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
>>    - Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
>>    - The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
>>    - The Maze Runner by James Dashner
>>    - World War Z by Max Brooks
>>

>> and a few others...
>>
>>    - Ashfall by Mike Mullin
>>    - The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
>>

>> Mariela Siegert
>> School Librarian
>> Westfield Middle School
>> marris116 at gmail.com
>> @marris116
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
>> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a teacher looking for recommendations for YA dystopian novels
>>> with male protagonists.  Could anyone recommend books that fit these
>>> qualifications?
>>>
>>> Could you recommend some (I need 10 total) texts that meet the following
>>> criteria?
>>> 1. They fall under the category of YA literature.
>>> 2. They fall under the genre of dystopia (or even science fiction if we
>>> have to make a stretch).
>>> 3. They feature adolescent male protagonists.
>>> 4. They were published between 2010-2016.
>>>

>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> Stephanie
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Stephanie Flott*
>>>
>>> Dwight Township High School            Dwight Grade School
>>> 801 S. Franklin St.                             801 S. Columbia St.
>>> Dwight, IL 60420                               Dwight, IL 60420
>>> 815-584-6293 <(815)%20584-6293>
>>> 815-584-6239 <(815)%20584-6239>

> Jeanne Brucher
> Teacher-Librarian
> jbrucher at geneseoschools.org
> Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524
> Geneseo High School (309) 945-0316

Stephanie Beck

Librarian

Downers Grove North High School

630-795-8464

http://tinyurl.com/dgnbookclub

@DGNLibrary

*Share what you’re reading!  Use #DGNReads.*

--

This electronic message (and any associated file attachments) is intended