[ISLMA-Share] endorsement or full masters?

Mon Jun 26 09:14:15 CDT 2017

I had an undergrad in elementary. I received my masters in MLIS but chose
to get the endorsement. I got the job. Turned out the endorsement was only
up to 4th grade (came up during a district audit) and my school was K-5.
So, I took the test so I could be endorsed for 5th grade, which basically
entailed getting a PreK or K-9 certificate. (can't remember which it was.)
I was in the same district as I taught in previously, so the masters degree
didn't hurt my chances. Also, all of our librarians have masters degrees in
library science.

Pam

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> What position do you have now?
>

> Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <
> islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
> Hi All--
>
> I am interested in either adding an endorsement to my teaching license or
> getting a full Masters. With so many districts cutting their library staff
> I am unsure which will give me the best career options. When I'm done, I
> hope to find a position within Lake or Cook County.
>
> What's been your experience? What would you recommend?

Ms. Pamela L. Meiser

*Teacher Librarian*
2017 BHS Summer School Sessions I & II
847-842-3244