[ISLMA-Share] Authority of District Librarian

Thu Mar 2 08:14:13 CST 2017

My title isn't District Librarian, although I am in charge of the high
school and middle school libraries.  When I say "in charge" that means the
actual running of the library, purchasing, etc.  I have no authority over
the assistant that works there as far as personnel issues. I can tell her
how to run the library but that is all.

The problem is, that the pool of aids includes classroom aids, clerical
aids, etc.  So when we need a new library person, they go down the
seniority list and find out who wants the job.  I have been asked my
opinion in the past, but officially, they can hire (or promote) whoever
they want.

Annette Mills

School Librarian

Triad High School

703 E. Highway 40

Troy, IL 62294

annette.mills at tcusd2.org

(618)667-5409x7120 <(618)%20667-5409>

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library