[ISLMA-Share] Chapter books with bad girls

Tue Mar 7 08:00:09 CST 2017

Judith Viorst's Lulu isn't exactly a villain, but she's not a role model
either...

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Maybe the Frannie K. Stein series by Jim Benton would be what she is
> looking for?
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 6, 2017, at 4:47 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
> A seven year old girl asked if we had any children’s books – with a girl
> (not a woman) villain. We’re all pretty stumped, as most villains in
> children’s books tend to be either boys or adults. The patron specifically
> mentioned Harley Quinn, but most books with that character aren't exactly
> 7-year old material. Any suggestions?
>

> Richard Izzo
>
> Library Associate - Youth & Teen Services
>
> Lincolnwood Public Library

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

*Home of the Novas *
1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509
wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org

*Please consider the environment before printing this email *