[ISLMA-Share] Tuesdays with Morrie

Wed Mar 8 13:08:33 CST 2017

 I have tied in to the novel - Shel Silverstein's poem *The Little Boy and
the* *Old Man* as well as William Shakespeare's* Seven Ages of Man. *A
possible somewhat current article to use could be about Brittany Maynard
who moved to Oregon where the Death with Dignity Act is legal.  She moved
there and took medication to help her die after being diagnosed and
suffering with a terminal illness.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:24 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have a teacher who is asking about articles that specifically address
> literary themes within the book *Tuesdays with Morrie*. The themes are
> pretty general: Death, Money, Love, etc., but I am having trouble finding
> specific connections to the book. I have also looked into information
> discussing literary themes in general, but all that I have come across do
> so within the context of a specific novel. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated! Thank you!!
>
> Amy

*Denyse Eagleson*
English Teacher, Librarian, Cross Country Coach
Richland County High School
Olney, Il 62450
DEagleson at rccu1.net

"I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our
society than any other single profession.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnwooden447009.html>"
John Wooden
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnwooden447009.html>