[ISLMA-Share] group read suggestions for high school book club

Wed Mar 8 14:20:04 CST 2017

Have your students read Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy) or Six of Crows? I highly recommend  everything by Leigh Bardugo. Also the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson is really good.

Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:14:25 PM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] group read suggestions for high school book club

Our book club normally reads based on individual choices from student chosen genres for each month, but they said they'd be willing to do a group read if an outstanding book could be suggested.  So, I'm turning to the collective wisdom of the group here for suggestions.  So far this year, supernatural, fantasy and sci-fi seem to have been the more popular genres we've read from if that helps.  Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

--
Chuck Atteberry
Roanoke-Benson High School

Currently reading: Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain<https://g.co/kgs/nbGj1J>, Hidden Figures<https://g.co/kgs/zvZBiX>, and The Gunslinger<https://g.co/kgs/ISbbA4>

"Work with the living and bring the dead to life."  -author unknown

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info