[ISLMA-Share] textbook barcoding

Thu Mar 9 08:38:33 CST 2017

I did this project a few years ago. Initially, I started on the spine. I
found the barcodes on the spine have not lasted as well as the bar codes on
the front or back covers. The spine barcodes began to curl depending on the
size of the spine. Our district barcodes come with two so I use one on the
front cover and one on the back cover. I also write the barcode number on
the inside of the book in two hidden places. I have found in the past a
student ripped off the bar code to try and pass the book off as their own.

Lindsey Meyer
Lincoln Park High School

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library