[ISLMA-Share] Question about books for struggling readers...

Thu Mar 9 08:39:29 CST 2017

islma at list.railslibraries.info writes:
>Hi,
>

>A few of our teachers were interested in getting books like the ones
>from: [ http://www.highnoonbooks.com/index-hnb.tpl
>]http://www.highnoonbooks.com/index-hnb.tpl. I'm not familiar with these
>titles and was wondering if someone might have more suggestions for books
>that are high interest and yet accessible early chapter books?
>

>Thanks,
>Denise

I am not sure what grade(s) you are targeting, but my high school ELL and
SpEd students (and their teachers) LOVE the books I have purchased from
Saddleback!

 [ http://www.sdlback.com/teen-emergent-reader-libraries
]http://www.sdlback.com/teen-emergent-reader-libraries

They look like standard YA books, but range from about 80L to 600L,
depending on series. You can sort by Lexile, order phonics-based books
(and teacher resources to go with them), and get graphic or easier
versions of classics. My SpEd students especially gravitate toward the
STEM collections, and my ELL bridge kids really seem to enjoy the Juicy
Central and Urban Underground series.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me off-list at
kelly_roberts at glenbard.org
~KMR

**********************
Kelly McGorray Roberts
Head Librarian, Glenbard East High School
Ph: 630-424-6693
Tw: @roberts_reads

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & ABUSE REPORTING:
This message and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by state and/or federal law.
If you are not the named recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this message or any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the sender and delete this copy from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.  If you would like to report an inappropriate message that was sent to you
please forward the message to email at glenbard.org

Be Green Keep It On Screen - Do Not Print This Message