[ISLMA-Share] Removing permanent marker

Tue Mar 14 10:02:17 CDT 2017

Are the covers laminated at all? I have had some pretty decent luck with
Goo Gone.  I have also had REALLY good luck with an extra sticker with the
school's name and address or an extra barcode sticker placed over the
problem area.

Leah Krippner
Librarian, Harlem High School
I am currently reading *Harry Potter and the Cursed Child* by JK Rowling
and Jack Thorne

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> A retiring teacher has generously donated her classroom library for me to
> use as needed. There are several titles I want to add to the school library
> but her last name is written in sharpie/permanent marker on all the book
> covers. There are paperback and hard covers. Google has given me several
> ideas to try but, before experimenting, I wanted to ask if you have a tried
> and true method for removing marker without ruining the cover.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Donna Brockmeyer
> Media Clerk
> District 110, Grant and Illini

This email was sent by a staff member of Harlem Consolidated School
District 122.