[ISLMA-Share] research databases

Tue Mar 14 14:41:20 CDT 2017

Is your two buildings divided up? We used to subscribe to EBSCO as a whole district, around $2000 as well. We surveyed teachers and only the HS was using it so we went down to HS only subscription and now only pay $500.

>>> Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> 3/14/2017 1:29 PM >>>
Hello, Collective Wisdom.

We are a K-12 parochial school system in two buildings.My principal asked
me to reach out to you to see what kind of research databases you offer.

We currently subscribe to EBSCOhost (full-text newspaper, magazine, and
journal articles), at a cost reaching close to $2000 per year.  We are
blessed to have a family that pays for it out of a trust fund, but that
won't last forever.

We also subscribe to SIRS Researcher for social issues.  It is around $500
per year.  That, and the World Book Online Encyclopedia, which is $525,
come out of my library budget.

Obviously, we are looking at cutting costs.

So we are wondering what you have that might be worthwhile for us to look
at.
Will you give me some guidance?

Thanks!
--
Mrs. Roberta Meyer, Teacher-Librarian
St. Anthony Grade School
rmeyer at stanthony.com

"The Library is the answer.  What's the question?"