[ISLMA-Share] research databases

Tue Mar 14 15:25:10 CDT 2017

I am not sure if it's cheaper, but we love Gale!  It synchs with Google,
too, so that's a bonus for us.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Is your two buildings divided up? We used to subscribe to EBSCO as a whole
> district, around $2000 as well. We surveyed teachers and only the HS was
> using it so we went down to HS only subscription and now only pay $500.

> islma at list.railslibraries.info> 3/14/2017 1:29 PM >>>
> Hello, Collective Wisdom.
>
> We are a K-12 parochial school system in two buildings.My principal asked
> me to reach out to you to see what kind of research databases you offer.
>
> We currently subscribe to EBSCOhost (full-text newspaper, magazine, and
> journal articles), at a cost reaching close to $2000 per year.  We are
> blessed to have a family that pays for it out of a trust fund, but that
> won't last forever.
>
> We also subscribe to SIRS Researcher for social issues.  It is around $500
> per year.  That, and the World Book Online Encyclopedia, which is $525,
> come out of my library budget.
>
> Obviously, we are looking at cutting costs.
>
> So we are wondering what you have that might be worthwhile for us to look
> at.
> Will you give me some guidance?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Mrs. Roberta Meyer, Teacher-Librarian
> St. Anthony Grade School
> 405 N. 2nd St.
> Effingham, IL 62401
> (217) 347-0419
> rmeyer at stanthony.com
>
> "The Library is the answer.  What's the question?"

> This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above
> addressee only and may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
> WHICH MAY BE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. Any
> unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or
> copying of this communication or any of its attachments is strictly
> immediately notify the listed sender by reply email, and take necessary
> steps to delete the file from your system and destroy any hard copies of
> this transmission.

Sincerely,
Amy Hamernick
Teacher Librarian
Century Jr. High
@AhamernickCJH
#CenturyWildcats

"If we always do what we've always done,
we will get what we've always got."
~Adam Urbanski~