[ISLMA-Share] Great First Lines

Thu Mar 16 12:19:54 CDT 2017

I have a bulletin board of first lines up right now--just a few more
possibilities:

"Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love.  It did not end
well."    Daughter of Smoke and Bone--Laini Taylor

"The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs
don't got nothing much to say.  About anything."   The Knife of Never
Letting Go--Patrick Ness

"The best day of my life happened when I was five and almost died at Disney
World."   Going Bovine--Libba Bray

"I've confessed to everything and I'd like to be hanged.  Now, if you
please."  Chime--Franny Billingsley

"You stop fearing the Devil when you're holding his hand."   Between the
Devil and the Deep Blue Sea--April Tucholke

"They say death aims only once and never misses, but I doubt Ty Yorkshire
thought it would strike with a scrubbing brush."   Under a Painted
Sky--Stacey Lee

"Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would
kill her true love."   The Raven Boys--Maggie Stiefvater

Deb Bachfischer
Metamora High School