[ISLMA-Share] people that impacted Illinois history

Mon Mar 20 11:10:42 CDT 2017

Dankmar Adler
Louis Sullivan
Edwin Walker
John H.Johnson
Horace M. Singer

Barbra Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
- Sidney Sheldon

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We are beginning a 4th grade project to research people who impacted
> Illinois history. We are *not* looking for people who were just born in
> Illinois, but people who had an impact on Illinois history. So yes to Jane
> Adams (Hull House), but not Walt Disney.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions, especially if you know of more
> regional people that might not be as well known.
>
> Some that we are already considering:
> Gwendolyn Brooks
> Daniel H Burnham
> Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
> Frank Lloyd Wright
> John Deere
> Cyrus McCormick
> Daniel Hale Williams - open heart surgery
> Louis Joliet
> Robert Cavelier de la Salle
> Marshall Field
> William Wrigley
> Robert R McCormick
> Jesse Jackson
> Enrico Fermi
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Stephanie
>

> Stephanie Stieglitz
> MRC Director, The Lane
> 500 N. Elm St.
> Hinsdale, IL 60521
> MRC Website <https://sites.google.com/a/d181.org/lanemrc/>
>

> *"For school leaders and school librarians, implementing the CCSS is not
> about thinking out of the box. It is about transforming the box itself."  -
> *Implementing the Common Core State Standards: The Role of the School
> Librarian - Achieve and AASL Action Brief, Nov. 2013
>
> "*I don't believe that libraries should be drab places, where people sit
> in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing
> wild animals as librarians.*" - Monty Python's Flying Circus, series one,
> show 10
>

> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
> law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school
> district officials and staff are public records available to the public and
> media upon request. Your email communications may therefore be subject to
> public disclosure. Community Consolidated School District 181

This electronic message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.