[ISLMA-Share] Laminator issues--help! Any suggestions????

Tue Mar 21 13:30:17 CDT 2017

We took a TINY art exacto knife from our art department to our film when it
was stuck BUT you have to be SO careful because if you cut into the rubber
rolls beneath the film the laminator is doomed and will not work the same
again. Also, we banned everyone from laminating except my aide who then
does it once a week.  This came after two laminator deaths at the hands of
teachers...They're not happy about it be we haven't had to buy a new one
either in quite a while.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi all--
>
> We just got a new GBC Pinnacle EZload laminator--and we're already in
> trouble!  My assistant has been fighting with the machine much of the
> morning in an attempt to switch from the trial rolls sent with the machine
> to full rolls.  Are there any suggestions or hints anyone can give to make
> this process easier? ( EZload is seeming like a very poor choice of names
> right now!)
>
> And related to this issue--at some point in the battle, a piece of
> laminating film has gotten stuck.  Reverse isn't getting it out.  Any
> suggestions as to how that problem can be resolved?
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated--thanks!
>
> Deb Bachfischer
> Metamora High School

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson

<https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS501US501&espv=2&biw=1725&bih=900&q=I+have+always+imagined+that+Paradise+will+be+a+kind+of+library.&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAHWSvU7DMBSFyQAqbkFVkBDKhBADW5qmTcIMbFQI2r2qE-evdpzEbhvnMZjZWOFB6AMwMrDxBoy0SDjJwObP59x77rXc2j070APdMKBte2Zawv4hjmA-y8VptqAcsbXS1NcK0IneGzjhvH8pATLuSKcwA8LyYa0SDnhh1jjLWZxIdqAZk8Cu9CkRNg7_2DU4cR2yrE8SCj-R4cHGIcGzlrwxScbTyol7gWxLAksE2JJivJxnlZPgQXN1UokxdstKTM0-X9W2C2MHJp7kwijdKfdlbGKmpl00ti1hsaq_RmgM8yosndufyqvS7n59fxxpz8rjy9u78qSA7i2lDGHxgPCMI29C1XOwd5PwiAtVAx2t9VsfOuHFjgaAJBWC9hjxCR1RL_KFOlbvwf4IEYhyduer1wBcUYyRyyOaqBbQtGPdlRf69lPMtie26XoC_tE6P0PSLddXAgAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkvpLtkdvSAhUryoMKHeBeDoQQri4IFw>