[ISLMA-Share] Third grade book for boy who loves art

Fri Mar 24 08:44:10 CDT 2017

Choose any of the ones that combine pictures into the story....Stick Dog or Stick Cat, Dog Man, 13 Story Treehouse, Terrible Two.... things like that.
I couldn't read until 5th grade. Dyslexic. Foster the love first. These are what I call "enhanced" chapter books.
In his last author visit Kwame Alexander took a teacher to task for labeling reluctants. It's made me really think. The kid might rather do anything else but it's our job to find that something that pulls them in. For me it was audio books. I could draw while listening.
For many, it's the enhanced books....
Good luck.