[ISLMA-Share] Third grade book for boy who loves art

Fri Mar 24 11:10:22 CDT 2017

If looking for fiction you can direct him to *Chasing Vermeer*  or is it to
high for his level?  Summary: When seemingly unrelated and strange events
start to happen and a precious Vermeer painting disappears,
eleven-year-olds Petra and Calder combine their talents to solve an
international art scandal.

*From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler* - Having run away
with her younger brother to live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art,
twelve-year-old Claudia strives to keep things in order in their new home
and to become a changed person and a heroine to herself.

Picture Books:
Seen Art by Jon Scieszka
taking a tour of New York's Museum of Modern Art.

The Dot by Peter Reynolds
encouragement leads her to change her mind.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Adventures in Cartooning (James Sturm) would be perfect for an aspiring
> artist.  In addition to humor, it explains how pictures work in graphic
> novels.  Kids love it!
>
> M.Harris
> Heyworth CUSD #4
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> We have a third grade boy who loves to draw, but is a reluctant reader.
>> Can anyone recommend a good chapter book for him?  Thanks in advance for
>> your help.  Happy Friday!

> Michelle Harris
> District Librarian
> Heyworth CUSD #4

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson

<https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS501US501&espv=2&biw=1725&bih=900&q=I+have+always+imagined+that+Paradise+will+be+a+kind+of+library.&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAHWSvU7DMBSFyQAqbkFVkBDKhBADW5qmTcIMbFQI2r2qE-evdpzEbhvnMZjZWOFB6AMwMrDxBoy0SDjJwObP59x77rXc2j070APdMKBte2Zawv4hjmA-y8VptqAcsbXS1NcK0IneGzjhvH8pATLuSKcwA8LyYa0SDnhh1jjLWZxIdqAZk8Cu9CkRNg7_2DU4cR2yrE8SCj-R4cHGIcGzlrwxScbTyol7gWxLAksE2JJivJxnlZPgQXN1UokxdstKTM0-X9W2C2MHJp7kwijdKfdlbGKmpl00ti1hsaq_RmgM8yosndufyqvS7n59fxxpz8rjy9u78qSA7i2lDGHxgPCMI29C1XOwd5PwiAtVAx2t9VsfOuHFjgaAJBWC9hjxCR1RL_KFOlbvwf4IEYhyduer1wBcUYyRyyOaqBbQtGPdlRf69lPMtie26XoC_tE6P0PSLddXAgAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkvpLtkdvSAhUryoMKHeBeDoQQri4IFw>